1) It’s been nine days solid of rehearsals and performances. We’ve done three full public shows (and one tiny preview show) and the fun isn’t over yet! One more for this weekend, then we can all rest our voices til next Friday.
2) And we do need to rest our voices. Mine is starting to feel it. Unfortunately, the remedy our Director suggested (Barenjager, in a hot drink) is not vegan. I’ve gone with Disarrono instead.
3) I’ve failed at my personal challenge to look for ways to help others for the last two months. Both October and November were so jam-packed I forgot to fit this in, too. I’ll try to pick it up again this month.
4) I’ve come up with some shockingly simple plans to enhance my creativity and lower my stress level: work less. I know, revolutionary, right? Seriously, though, work stuff has given me the impetus to make a new decision that I will hopefully stick to. More details later.
5) I like numbered lists.
6) It’s gotten very cold here, though not as cold as the rest of the country. The boyfriend has gone to the coast for the weekend. I worry about him.
7) Anyone else been watching Once Upon A Time In Wonderland? I find it delightful, if slightly lagging at times. The original Once Upon A Time is much faster-paced but almost everything about it gives me major eye-rolls these days.
8) I finally found a sweater pattern to knit that works with the yarn I bought three years ago. My aunt gave me a gift certificate, and I knew what I wanted to make with it but it didn’t exactly exist in pattern form. I even tried to write a pattern myself. It didn’t end well, but I wasted a lot of energy before I realized that. Now I’ve found it, and I’ve cast on, only to realize that I really do need a circular in a size smaller instead of trying to cobble it on DPNs.
9) In case anyone was interested, the count for work interviews stands at, now, nine. Since March. This last one has been a train wreck starting back in June, and no matter the different people who get involved it just keeps being…odd. One day I’ll write a whole post about it. Right now it’s an HR issue.
10) There is no ten. I just didn’t want to end a numbered list with less. I’ve had too much Disarrono to make sense of why this really doesn’t matter.